Sunday, May 17, 2009

On the plane- Charlotte to Phoenix, 10:30 am ET.

This summer will be unlike any I've ever experienced before. It's going to be tough, because I'm leaving my life behind, and there are times that I've honestly not too sure I like the idea. Am I crazy? I'm not going to see my best friend, family or church family for three whole months- that's over 90 days! Put it this way, the challengers on Survivor go for half that much time. Yet I sit here on the plane (it's insane how much I can get done on here!) and realize how much I'll be gaining. I'm incredibly blessed to be able to pick up and pretty much have a three month vacation, with family that I love so much that it hurts sometimes. On top of that, I get a layover in Phoenix, YAY! (Haha, I really am fine with the connection, it screwed up our plans a bit, but hey. I've never been to Arizona!) I'm looking forward to all of the spiritual journeys I'll be taking... No, I'm not getting all weird and earthy or something. I'm just going to a new church (Pastor Lao told everyone who I was, thankfully I didn't have to stand up. Phew!) with people I've never met, from all around the world (So far I've met people from Japan, Thailand, China, Burma, and Hawaii!) In addition to being a pastor, Pastor Lao is also a neurosurgeon. Crazy, huh? I'm going to be working, which will be an adventure in itself. Looking down out my window, I think I'd like to go Skydiving some day... I doubt you could pay me to bungee jump, but with sky diving, you have a parachute! What if your bungee broke mid suicide fall? With sky diving, you're EXPECTED to land on your feet! I'm going to shut up here, because I still have another whole flight to write on. Off to read Sense and Sensibility!

No comments:

Post a Comment