Thursday, May 28, 2009

Confessions of a drug test-ee Part 4

I know I know, it took me FOREVER to get the conclusion up, but, if you watch my video, you'll see the anguish in my eyes as I make excuse after excuse. Anyway, here it is, (finally!) the conlusion to my mini-series, "Confessions of a Drug Test-ee!"


I was stuck. Mom couldn't be reached, Dad couldn't be reached, I was 3,000 miles away from home without my cell phone; or memory of my Aunt's phone number. Then, in the blink of an eye, my brightest lightbulb ever popped on. Of course! My "aunt," is not actually my biological aunt at all, instead, she's a very close family friend. SO, with that fact in mind, I used her as a reference on my applications, (as Liam's long-time babysitter.) Bingo! I have a very friendly boss at Top, so I asked for a phone book, found the store, asked for the manager and explained the situation. She laughed, and told me the number. I was saved! I found myself riding away in the gold minivan and happened to glance at the clock. It read 10:58, nearly 3 and a half hours after the whole ordeal began. :)

I sincerely hope that you've enjoyed this series... I enjoyed writing it, and, (once I was safe and sound at home) enjoyed recalling the event... Okay, I admit that took some time. :)

P.S. I had 38 messages on my phone when I got home that night at 7. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment