Saturday, August 15, 2009

Written on the plane- a must read. 8/12/09

Here I am, flying above the clouds, my head spinning at how fast the time has escaped me. This will absolutely not be the last post to this blog- it has become my baby! :) There are near hundreds of pictures and videos to get online, and I will have a new shiny laptop (come Monday) to help me accomplish said feat! But, before I get back to business as usual (finishing my "Final Day" series, among other things) I have several (never underestimate me when I say several. I mean it.) acknowledgments that I'd like to make- people who have made my journey and summer bearable, interesting, fascinating, fun, enjoyable, or possible! There are so many of you, that giving one person more credit over another is incredibly difficult, because you have all contributed to my life in different, but never the less important ways. So, alphabetically you shall be! *waves magic wand*

Abbey-
Hello faithful reader and friend; thank you for holding down the books for me back home, and giving my mom some much-needed hugs!... Your enthusiasm has encouraged me all summer.

Allie- 'Ello dearie, I've absolutely enjoyed sharing your time zone for the brief stitch in time that I was allowed, and hope that I will come back there again soon. Drink on, Gilmore! (preferably Peets!)

Andrew- You were my shoulder to absolutely whine on, and voice of amusement this summer, even across the country. You are on the absolute top of my "Abundance of Andrews" (I still want that list!) and I'm grateful to call you a close friend, no matter what your name may be. See you in November, computer swap ready!

Anthony- Alas, I have indeed failed you by spelling and punctuating my posts with reckless, un-re-read abandon... Forgive my Brevard absence, as I am well aware that I caused your summer undue misery. Formality aside, I sincerely hope (and pray) that your time at W&M will be absolutely amazing, beyond your wildest dreams. :)

Bella- Dear Bel, I'm terribly afraid that this will absolutely be the longest of them all... (like you'd expect anything less from me!) hehe. You are the best friend any girl could ask for. We prayerfully went into this summer, blindly jumping into a lake, without knowing how deep or freezing the water may be, or what could live underneath the surface. Yet here we both are, summer almost gone, gasping for breath and climbing onto the dry dock, our terrifying leap of faith over. All fingers, toes and limbs accounted for? We survived babe- to infinity and beyond!

Ben- First of all, you turned into a teenager while I was gone. SO not acceptable! Thank you for being the faithful dishwasher loader (and un-loader!) dog sitter, game-player guy that will be taller than me before long. Love you buddy!

EDIT: For times' sake, this will only be letters A and B... More to follow, promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment